Coalition Coordinator Job Description
ABOUT US: Woollard Nichols & Associates (WNA) is an Austin-based consulting firm dedicated to building communities that are healthy, accessible, equitable and provide opportunity for all. We build capacity for impact by supporting collaborative initiatives, facilitating strategic decision making, and conducting community and organizational assessments. Our clients are nonprofit coalitions, task forces, boards and commissions, individual nonprofits, and public sector entities working in a variety of social sector arenas including behavioral health, criminal justice, education, health and human services, housing and homelessness, and workforce and community development. Learn more about our work at www.woollardnichols.com.
WNA’s work can be classified in two categories: short-term projects and ongoing coalition support. Currently, our team is made up of three partners, three staff members and two associates. Project-based work is conducted by partners with support from associates and other contractors. Coalition support is conducted by staff with support from partners.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Coalition Coordinator is responsible for working directly with coalition, association, or community collaboration leaders to implement their mission, vision, and goals. This includes assisting with development of strategy and direction, as well as providing overall support with meetings, membership, events, communications, grants management, and coalition programming. This position will be responsible for multiple clients after training and will report to the Director of Coalitions.
- General Coalition Support
- Responsible for managing, tracking, and ensuring successful implementation of all processes and deliverables for assigned clients.
- Provide administrative support to assigned clients including developing agendas and work plans, scheduling meetings, sending out calendar notices and meeting reminders, taking meeting minutes, and providing overall meeting support such as preparation, coordination, and follow-up. Facilitate meetings as needed.
- Serve as point of contact for assigned clients and provide timely and responsive customer service to all client leaders, members, and participants through verbal and written communications.
- Maintain distribution lists and contact lists for assigned clients.
- Create, distribute, and compile data from surveys.
- Membership Management
- Responsible for all aspects of annual membership drives including collateral creation, member recruitment, member onboarding, collection of dues, and financial reporting.
- Manage coalition membership databases.
- Event Management
- Coordinate all aspects of coalition client events including scheduling, registration, event preparation and logistics, coordinating presenters, preparing materials, and follow up tasks.
- Create coalition newsletters and social media content, update client websites, and compile annual reports/accomplishment reports.
- Grant Program Management
- Manage all aspects of coalition grant opportunities including RFP processes, application collection and review, award distribution management, and grant reporting management. Ensure compliance with overall grant requirements. Serve as point of contact for grantees.
- Coalition Programming
- Support and staff the programming of assigned coalitions. Track member engagement with programing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience in administrative support and coordination
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team as well as independently to meet deadlines
- Organization and attention to detail
- Excellent and effective communication skills (oral, written, listening)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with a high-quality output in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to play a primary role with assigned coalitions with minimal direction after training
- Eager to contribute to and advance WNA’s internal work around diversity, equity and inclusion
- Comfortable working with a small team that is stretching and growing; willingness to adapt to change and growth
- Proactive self-starter
- Quick learner with new systems, software and applications
- Interest in social sector work
- High level of responsibility to meet the needs of co-workers and clients
Due to the pandemic, all WNA partners, staff and associates are currently working remotely. Candidates for this position must have the ability to work remotely with reliable internet access during the pandemic and the ability to support Austin-based clients in person post-pandemic. This is a full-time position, working an 8-hour day Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
WNA will provide team member with laptop, mobile phone, external monitor, and internet stipend. WNA also offers the following benefits: retirement matching after one (1) year, holidays and paid time off, yearly philanthropic donation to the 501(c)(3) of your choosing, and Clifton Strengths assessment and coaching.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000
Expected Start Date: Early January 2021
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please send a resume, cover letter and three references with contact information to Andrea Torres, Managing Partner, at email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 2, 2020
WNA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status. WNA values diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background and justice system contact, and depends on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.