Strategy, development & support for coalitions, associations, organizations and initiatives
Open Position: Administrative Coordinator
ABOUT US: Woollard Nichols & Associates (WNA) is an Austin-based consulting firm dedicated to building communities that are healthy, accessible, equitable and provide opportunity for all. We build capacity for impact by supporting collaborative initiatives, facilitating strategic decision making, and conducting community and organizational assessments. Our clients are nonprofit coalitions, task forces, boards and commissions, individual nonprofits, and public sector entities working in a variety of social sector arenas including behavioral health, criminal justice, education, health and human services, housing and homelessness, and workforce and community development.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Administrative Coordinator is a newly created position. The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Director of Client Services and will be responsible for providing administrative support to WNA clients as well as for internal business operations.
- Coalition Administrative Support
- Provide outstanding customer service to all client coalition members and participants through verbal and written communications
- Provide administrative support for coalitions, task forces and collaborations to include scheduling meetings, sending out meeting reminders and follow-up, and preparing meeting materials
- Maintain group distribution lists and shared contact lists
- Provide support for coalition events including scheduling, event preparation and planning
- Assist in keeping membership databases up to date
- Assist in supporting client communication functions including social media updates and newsletter preparation
- Internal Administrative Support
- Provide administrative and systems support to a six-member virtual team, including coordinating task management system
- Attend weekly team meeting
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Status: Part-time (20 hours per week)
- Hours: 4 hours per day (Monday – Friday) with some flexibility and very occasional nights or weekends.
- Job Location: open to candidate preference; the work can be conducted remotely or if needed, a workspace can be obtained at our shared work location at a non-profit organization in East Austin
- Compensation: $15-20/hour, depending on experience
- Benefits: Paid leave, virtual work option and a collaborative, strengths-focused team environment.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Organization and attention to detail
- Strong business writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Adaptability to change and growth
- Advanced scheduling proficiency including Microsoft Outlook and scheduling tools such as Doodle and Calendly
- Experience utilizing collaborative task management and communications applications (e.g. Slack, Asana, Trello, etc.)
- Experience managing social media for business
- Interest in social sector work
- Lived or professional experience working with diverse communities
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please send a resume, cover letter and three references to Lily Wein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31st, 2019
WNA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status. WNA values diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background and justice system contact, and depends on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
© Copyright 2019 Woollard Nichols & Associates, All Rights Reserved.